The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is announcing three locations for the Blue Roof program application beginning Sept. 11.
The three Mobile Communications Vehicles (MCVs) will be on site daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist residents with structural roof damage from Hurricane Ida.
Application locations for the Blue Roof program:
- Location 1 in Plaquemines Parish: Port Sulfur, 218 School Road, Port Sulfur, LA 70083 (YMCA)
- Location 2 in Lafourche Parish: 4876 Highway 1, Raceland, LA 70394 (EOC)
- Location 3 in Terrebonne Parish: 2161 Grand Caillou Rd, Houma, LA 70363 (Grand Caillou Middle School)
Colonel Zachary Miller, commander of the USACE Hurricane Ida Recovery mission, said: “These mobile registration vehicles are an integral part of the Blue Roof program. The vehicle literally brings the application to the residents and ensures that every resident, especially those on more remote locations that may not have internet service can sign up for this free service.
Operation Blue Roof’s free service aims to provide homeowners in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until permanent repairs are made, they say.
After the blue roof is installed, they tell us the structure has been declared habitable because Operation Blue Roof protects properties, reduces temporary housing costs, and allows residents to remain in their homes while recovering from the storm.
Blue Roof Qualifications and Disqualifications:
- This program is intended for primary residences or a permanently occupied rental property with less than 50 percent structural damage.
- Vacation rentals are not eligible for this program.
- Flat roofs or roofs made of clay, slate or asbestos tiles are not eligible. All storm debris must be removed for the roof to qualify.
The deadline for applying for this service is September 30, 2021.
Residents can visit blueroof.us [u12097671.ct.sendgrid.net] to apply.
The website allows homeowners to sign up for Blue Roof’s assistance by completing a Right of Entry (ROE) form, which collects information about the property. The ROE is a legal document that allows police officers to access your property and assess the damage to your home. The ROE also allows contracted crews to work on your roof.
Residents can call toll-free 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) for more information about the Blue Roof program.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the editors or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Choose from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers