Happy Friday, neighbors! Here’s everything going on in Beaverton today.
First of all, today’s weather:
Increasing clouds. High: 60 Low: 43.
Here are today’s top stories in Beaverton:
- Sunset High School Career Technical Education (CTE) program students and staff are innovating! The team helped Solving a Potentially Costly HVAC Problem at Stoller Middle School when they used a 3D printer to create a replacement part on equipment that allows air to flow into the classrooms. Read more about the project and the smart minds behind it on KATU.
- The Washington County Sheriff’s Office reports on a September drug bust in North Plains. Investigators seized 800 pounds of dried marijuana, 5,719 marijuana plants, approximately $500,000 in growing equipment and $22,000 in cash of a house located on Jackson School Road that served as a illegal breeding site. The action was the result of an ongoing investigation by the Westside Interagency Narcotics Team. Take a look at the site @wcsooregonthen read the story Fox12.
- Oregon State Volleyball Libero and Native to Beaverton OSU Beavers site about her latest awards: being identified as one of the 30 nominees for the prestigious Senior CLASS Award. gets well-deserved attention. Massey has been named the two-time Pac-12 Academic Honor Roll honoree, receive OSU’s Academic Excellence Award and was named after the 2018 Pac-12 All-Academic First Team. Read the article on the
- Do you want to know what this winter (possibly) has in store for us? Oregon meteorologists will meet soon to make some predictions. Jim Redden reports on the 29th Annual Winter Weather Forecast Conference hosted by the Oregon Chapter of the American Meteorological Society, scheduled for October 23. The free event will be streamed live on the Organization Facebook page. (Pamplin Media Group)
- Take a virtual tour from one of Nike’s newest buildings about at Complex. The LeBron James Innovation Center on campus in the Beaverton area is now home to the huge Nike Sport Research Lab. A peak in the 750,000 square meter building reveals a replica Winnebago as a tribute to the company’s humble origins, office space for approximately 75 researchers and support staff and an enormous wealth of high-tech sports research equipment.
Today’s Beaverton Daily is: offered by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change life for you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Beaverton!
- Get it full low down from city hall with the latest weekly update, posted Thursday. Highlights include information about Outdoor Beaverton and the last one Protection against eviction of tenants. (City of Beaverton)
- Earn your pat on the back and to clean up: Jan .’s paperbacks seeks TODAY old magazine donations on behalf of a fourth grade teacher. Check in at the company Instagram For more information.
You can list your local business in this place for as little as $79 a month. Click here to learn more.
Now you are informed and ready to start this Friday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Ash DeMello
About Me: After eight years of writing ecommerce copies, I’m super excited to start working as a news curator for my local patch. If you have any tips or suggestions for an upcoming Beaverton Daily, I’m all ears. Please contact [email protected] at any time.